I’m a certified cyborg. I enjoy weird food, hiking, milkshakes and games with a good story. I want to make the world a better place.
I’m a PHD researcher and Teaching Assistant at Ghent University - IDLab - imec.
- My research specializes in DataOps and cloud modelling languages.
- I assist in teaching distributed data processing, DataOps, DevOps, systems programming, C/C++ and Python.
I’m a passionate user of and contributor to open source. Some of the stuff I’ve worked on:
- I’m maintaining a bunch of Snap packages including Krita, Arduino IDE, Foliate, PhotoScape and Easy OpenVPN Server.
- I contribute to the snapcraft.io ecosystem by writing documentation, blog posts, and PR’s for
- I helped kickstart the Ubuntu community theme initiative, though my biggest contribution there might have been suggesting to call it “Yaru”.
- I used to be very active in the Juju community, writing a bunch of Big Data Charms as part of the Tengu Team, writing a bunch of documentation, and helping design the 2.0 version of the
charms.reactiveframework and writing a paper about how cool it is. Had the great pleasure of being appreciated by Jorge Castro and can confirm he is a Chinese botnet.
- I answered a bunch of questions on AskUbuntu.